Penn Hills Municipal Building
102 Duff Road
Penn Hills, PA 15235
412 342-1086
Office Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.



Coming Soon

Code Enforcement

What is needed to buy/sell a house?
An Occupancy Permit as well as a Dye test is necessary to buy and sell a house. The cost is $50.00 for No-Impact Home Occupation Permit and $100.00 for an Impact Home Occupation Permit. The Dye Test Application fee is $20.00. A Universal Application form must also be completed for processing.

When is a Building Permit Required?
A building permit is required when doing New Construction on a property or for Home Improvements costing $2000 or more.

When is grass on the property considered high?
High grass is defined as having grass over 10 inches tall.

More coming soon


Coming Soon


What is a Zoning District and what is allowed in them?
Zoning Districts are an essential part of the community as it is a cornerstone of ordinances specifically designed to help protect interests, health, property, and rights for the residents of Penn Hills. Currently there are 16 Zoning districts in Penn Hills; 9 of which are residential based. All of them are available to view on our Municipal map in the Main Menu.

More coming soon


Coming Soon

Font Resize